CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year

Well its been a while so i guess i will update you people. Xmas was great and new years was ...well whatever. As far as whats new the weekend after xmas Roadway informed us that as of march 1st we will be let go due to the fact of "company streamlining" so pretty much ima be out of a job after the last weekend in febuary. But on a good note 5 years after i graduated highschool I have decided to go back to college. I have to say its a new experiance for me and I feel so old with all these people who graduated last year. Honestly im in college with people who started kindergarden in 1990. I remeber 1990...rather odd feeling. But as far as school so far im enjoying it. In case your wondering im not in a basics deal. I opted to go for a co op program that the community college offers to train linemen for the power companys.The only problem I can forsee with this choice is the 50-80 foot heights while standing on a 1/4 inch peice of steel held onto my boot by a leather strap and the fact that one mistake and you die. Can i make good career choices or what. Anyway ill update more when i have time. Gotta go study for a test. Yall take care and more to follow....

2 comments:

Lori said...

Well, I'm sorry about the job but thrilled that you're going back to school. Sounds like a neat job but scary to me! I hope you LOVE it!! Keep us posted!

Emily :) said...

I think this must be the year to go back to school. Two of our guys from church are going back, one graduated in 2001 and the other in 1972. Sounds like you're enjoying it and that's good. You don't have to do algebra do you? I really don't know what I would be worse at- algebra or climbing 50 foot poles. It's probably good I just clean up after kids!! :)